Over the past few years, just about every business created its website. The problem is most companies focused and assumed their potential customers were using desktop computers. This assumption neglected the mobile user and is killing their reach for new and current clients. Many internet users search for local businesses using their mobile device, and if a website isn’t mobile friendly, chances are it’s losing business.
Owning a small business is hard enough, however, one MUST care as much (if not, more) about mobile users, especially since more than 50% of your mobile users will become customers after finding you via local search.
What is local search on mobile?
Have you ever searched for any particular keyword in your phone (especially local)? What happened? Did you hear Google’s voice read the results to your query, or did it provide you with a listing of local businesses?
Local search can make or break your company. Optimizing your website for local search (correctly), will eventually display your business among the first search results and potentially reach more clients.
With help from local search optimization, you’ll be able to target the keywords your customers are searching. So, by optimizing your site for mobile and establishing authority with said keywords, you’ll have no problem obtaining high conversions and attracting new business.
You can also use your website to let current customers know of promotions via SMS marketing and direct them to your store by way of Google maps.
Benefits of local search for mobile
- Allows you to reach customers from mobile devices and you can share with them all your latest offers, discounts, and other relevant information.
- Gives you a chance to interact with your audience beyond the regular working hours.
- Boosts your search engine rankings.
- Helps to acquire more exposure and a stellar return on investment
- Provides the opportunity for brand awareness
- Grants access to local, more competitive keywords to boost your ROI.
To access as many local customers as possible, you’ll need a substantial investment in local search engine optimization (SEO). An SEO consultant will help you optimize your website for mobile devices and establish a content strategy using that will propel you to the top of the search rankings much faster.
If any SEO Consultant promises to get you to the top spot quickly, they’re lying. SEO is a process, and patience is truly a virtue, but the potential ROI is invaluable.
Is your website optimized for local search on mobile devices?
- Yes – Awesome! Be sure to keep up with your content strategy, engage with your site visitors regularly, give special promotions via your website and monitor your analytics regularly.
- Unsure – Use Google’s free Mobile-Friendly Test and come right back!
- No – I offer a FREE website audit to small businesses located within a 25-mile radius of Annapolis, Maryland. After the assessment, I’ll give you some feedback along with some simple solutions to help get you on track.